Well this is half an old project finished!

So as my inks and things continue to beckon, everything is still there but now seen with fresh eyes.   Not sure if my "style" has changed much, I like pretty but not cute, something different so that it does not look the same as everyone else.   Colours still tend to the cool part of the pallet, and texture you have to want to touch it!

2 or 3 years ago I set out 4, 4 3/4 inch by 7 inch canvas.   Put a plate on top and drew round it several times.   The circles overlapped onto different canvas.   Then using Deco Art paints (paints still to be rediscovered they must be in a safe place) filled the circles with yellow outlined in red, oh prime colours will use blue for the rest then.   Liked what I had but had no idea how to progress the work.  So they sat on one side and I got involved in other projects.



A couple of days ago out they popped at me, dusted them off and started to play.   These 2 have now been completed.   Both had texture/embossing paste stencilled on with different mediums.   The Viva Terra paste dried with a cracked finish and words to live by.   Don't want to do anything else to this as it speaks clearly.

The second started to remind me of henna tattoos on the backs of hands.  So I drew round my hand, both felt pens and alcohol ink pens were used to go over the outline, add knuckles and fill in the nails.  Next the butterflies were stamped onto card in memento ink, those butterfly stamps are years old.  Remember Dawn Bibby on QVC before she became a regular feature?   Well these are rubber mounted on a soft/squiggy block but the detail is super and unlike some of the clear polymer stamps the rubber has not perished.    The images have been coloured with Chameleon pens, my original set and the solvent that dilutes the colour has dried out in some of the pens, or perhaps I have used it all up!

Pleased with these, not sure if the other two will be completed or if they are if they will be included in the formation.   Perhaps we will find out in another 2 or 3 years.

Sharing these with people who might appreciate my idea of cool!

Stamplorations, a monthly mixed media challenge from a place packed full of ideas and inspiration.  This month their prompt is Paint it Red.









Inkspirational, a fortnightly challenge the current one is on it's second week.   The prompt is Attachment.   Hopefully those fussy cut and stuck on butterflies qualify.












Eclectic Ellapu, an old favourite of mine a monthly challenge that runs from the 1st of the month and is always anything goes.

As you can see I'm enjoying the rediscovery of inkiness.

Comments

  1. Cool project, very creative! I saw your project over at STAMPlorations and wanted to pop in and say hello! Have a great day and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such talent, regardless of the media you choose to express yourself with! Love you my friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! What a great mixed media look! I like all your color and added dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you heeded the call to complete your mixed media projects! Colours, texture, dimension...lovely! Thrilled to see you in the STAMPlorations Paint It Red and Inkspirational galleries!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx