It pays to wait.

This hanger has taken a few days to reach the point of my saying it is done but we are there now.

It is a simple wooden hanger, first it was sanded down to take to varnish off a coat of chalk was painted over.    Then little flowers and leaves were stamped on it with Memento inks a little colouring in with ProMarkers.

At that stage it was a nice clothing hanger and could ave been left alone.  Not my style is it to just leave well alone, not if I can chuck more at it.   Die cuts and basic grey patterned paper pages set back to back so with the dies to give me double sided decorations.  First idea was to stick these onto a strand of beading thread but could not quite decide how to do that.  Then remembering that it is nearly spring making my own coil and using that became the answer, thank goodness for silicon.



There is hung for a couple of days and while I knew it was not quite right but could not make up my mind where to go next.   During the wait I made some Aquamarine Jewellery as Aquamarine is March's birthstone.   They are now all available in my Etsy selling space.





Today the hanger told me what to do.  What is a hanger? well it is something to hang things on.  As it was you could hang a skirt or some other strappy dress on it but not anything that needed the full hanging surface.   However with hooks or loops of something along the bottom it will be great storage for necklaces or anything like that.  Ribbon stash raided, stapler tested and hanger completed.



Now I'm sharing the hanger with.

Craftaholics R Us - As I'm still finding my feet back in crafting land this is a new to me weekly challenge who have an anything goes theme and a very fresh feel.

City Crafter - A weekly challenge that I used to enjoy and expect to again.  This time their theme is polkadots.   Some of the paper I used is dotty as is the ribbon making the hanging loops.

Retro Rubber - Dotty for you, that dotty paper and ribbon again.  This challenge site's USP is the requirement that you use a stamp that is more than a year old.  I dug out 3 Stampin' up sets for this no idea how old they are but I have not purchased any new stamps for a couple of years now.

Creative Artiste - A monthly mixed media challenge site that had escaped my notice until now.   Like all good mixed media sites it is an anything goes challenge.


Comments

  1. This is completely adorable. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. The detail in the hanger creation is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely jewelry! Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I love what you gave a whole new purpose to this plain clothes hanger, how incredibly creative and imaginative!!! what a lovely place to hang your necklaces, bracelets and maybe even some ear rings.
    Love the beautiful decorations you hung in the middle, just so delicate and sweet.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play along with us next time.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic project for a hanger! I love the shabby chic feel of the style. Thank you for finding our challenge and joining us this month at Creative Artiste, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can always tell a creative mind by how they can take an ordinary item and make it beautiful. You did that with a clothes hanger and I am most impressed at just how gorgeous it turned out! I will never look at a hanger the same way again. :D Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See what happens when you come out to play?? Stunning my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx