2 days on the trott, guess I'm back.

Challenges are part of the inspiration, usually I've got a technique in mine maybe with the format it will sit on.   The challenges come in with a theme, colour pallet or style.  


One idea in mind is a 6 inch square fat book, I'll just stick to making cards when I need them.   There are thankfully always mixed media/altered art challenges around, it is pretty much where my "skills" lie.

This page is an homage to the time of year, love, hearts and red themes abound.  Started with a piece of textured card or linen card cut to a six inch square.  Pennyblack rose inked with waterbed felt pens stamped in the corners.   Grunge board heart coloured with Glimmer Mist "apple red" and "copper".   Not all my sprays are blocked and I've always loved these.   The word Love is Tando chipboard, another favourite material, sprayed with the same inks.   The white roses on netting I decided to leave untouched.

While the heart and word were drying the base card coated with a matt gel.   Heart stuck onto it and more matt gel applied.  Roses and word added and more gel spread over the word.  When everything had set a quick blast of white spray paint finished everything off.

This is probably it for the week, there is an emerald necklace that I need to re-thread and on Saturday it is week 2 of a genealogy course in Bolton.   Anyone in that area fancy a coffee one Saturday afternoon in February let me know be nice to meet up while I'm over there.

So the challenges in my mind with this piece.

Emerald Creek Dares.  #ECFEB2018 This is a new to me monthly challenge whose current theme is Lucky or Love.

Mix it up.  A monthly anything goes challenge, there is an optional twist of Clean and Simple.

Penny Black and More.  This challenge runs from the first Sunday in the month.   I used to know this challenge well and remind fond of.  This month their prompt are Love, Hearts and Flowers.

OK where is my fine fireline the holes in those emeralds are very small.
SaveSave

Comments

  1. Love all the mixed media elements on your gorgeous project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see you again Zoe and to read up on all your news and how lovely that family matter have taken a good turn for you. Also nice to see you are again creating beautiful masks, by sheer coincidence I saw some ready for decorating in a shop this morning and as always when I see them I think of you.

    I can totally identify with what you mention at Glimmer Mists, not long ago I had a good clear out of mine as so many were blocked and no cleaning seemed to fix them - what do I now see on TV, they are re-branded and making a big comeback so you and I are all ready.

    I gabble on as always, but your creation is a delight and I am so pleased to see you joining us at penny Black and More - seems a long while ago you were part of the team doesn't it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really nice creation Zoe, love the colors and wonderful design. Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty creation Zoe! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mixed media project which looks fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty creation with the bold heart and sentiment and the soft tulips in behind. thank you so much for sharing your love-ly creation with us at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx