Twofers - Birds

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2016 has begun, fresh clean new calendars are up ready for the next 12 months activity.    New Years resolutions made day 2 still keeping yours?   This is also the year that I basically retire, will happily temp from time to time but the emphasis is on working less and playing more.  What can I say watch this space!

Twofers we are starting our new challenge today, Jane is our hostess this time with her theme of Birds.   As always both Jane and Christi have come up with inspiration pieces that do just that inspire.  Please go and check their projects if you have not already done so.

There are thousands of Bird stamps you can use for a project like this, narrowing it down to just one or two is the hardest part.   


My pack of cards is growing, almost half way now, and plenty of scope to finish them.   Here as always I used felt pens for the colouring, the Jack of Diamonds is a Craft Stamper cover stamp which just fits neatly twice onto the 3.5" x 2.5" card blank.   It was great fun colouring this one, those little feathers on the front are coloured blue, green and yellow.



The King of Spades, well the main bird is rather sinister looking or so I thought.  The flock behind looking like a Kings subjects keeping a respectful distance.   He is crowned with yet another stamp from my stash adding to his majesty.   In keeping with the darker aspect of this card the edges were dusted with a purple DI.



Both the Diamond and the Spade symbol are from the English Stamp Company.

We would love you to join us at Twofers with your birds.  Just a couple of rules to remember you must use a rubber/polymer stamp and no digis.

Comments

  1. I've already had a sneak peek at these so you know how much I love them - especially that owl. The winking look on his face makes him perfect to play the part of the Jack/Knave!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these birds - so completely different!! The king looks like I could reach out and touch him :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Zoe--just finished my last shift as a part time employee & now I'm just on-call. Your deck of cards is such a wonderful project & I really love these 2!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx