Got the Vellum out again

This card is one started on Friday, its a second response to The Stamp Man Challenge.  It has been years since using vellum this way.    The tulip is a Rubber Stampede image, stamped onto the vellum in white ink.    Coloured from behind with Water Soluble Wax Pastels not that water was used here it does not make pretty results with vellum.

Dug out some old Parchment craft Magazines and adapted one of the designs to complete the piece.    Using pergamano tools to perforate part of the design and remove some of the vellum.   A white card backing the image helps push the image forward.

I really aught to do more with my old Parchment craft tools and patterns!

Comments

  1. Very pretty, but I am NOT starting on vellum again, my hand aches just thinking about it!! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous Zoe! Your vellum skills are fantastic. very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks terrific Zoe. I never know what to do with vellum at all and this has given me some great ideas-thank you

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo pretty and elegant, I find some parchment craft a bit too fussy but this is just perfect ! Hope you're enjoying the weekend...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to revive old favourites Zoe, beautifully done :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very pretty Zoe, I'm like Esther and don't normally go for anything vellum, but I will make this the exception, as it is so lovely. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a shame parchment craft is not fashionable at the moment, it's so beautiful isn't it. I love how you've used the vellum, Zoe. It's funny until recently my vellum has been very unloved but once you start playing with it again there's so much you can do, it's quickly become a favourite with me again.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Stampman this time.
    Hugs Lisax
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Zoe, such a lot of work, but well worth the effort.
    Thank you for entering my Vellum challenge over at The Stamp Man.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx