Craft-Room Challenge

Quite a few changes happening at Craft-Room Challenge!   Julia is closing her online shop, everything is 40% off so might be worth a visit.   As this is the last challenge Julia is sponsoring and anticipating that a lot of stock will sell quickly an Andy Skinner stamp plate 'Batik Garden' has been reserved as the prize.  

In honour of the prize I've used that same stamp plate as a sample this week.   The challenge this time set by yours truly is a colour one, looking to see you use Brown, Orange and Cream for your creations.   I've used brilliance inks on cream card layed in a brown card.   The die cut is a new one from Memory Box, no idea where the flowers came from they seem to have been in my embellishment box for ever.   Orange coloured gems complete the colour pallet.



This was my first sample and felt the need to share it with you.   The base card is the same brown card stock.   In a local craft shop found some wonderful wide lace in cream makes a perfect background here, held in place by two Orange flock covered brads.   A nestie cut topper stamped in brown with Inkadinkado 'Tin Can Mail' Persimmon DI inks blended round the edges.   A little orange netting sits behind the image on the right of the card, some orange ribbon runs down and over the image.  The flowers bottom left are topped by brown lace rolled to make flowers and stitched together with orange sequins on the middle.

I love colour challenges so thought it would be fun to see what you all make of one inspired by a certain chocolate treat.   As always the team have come up with some stunning samples, and we are all pleased to say that Craft-Room Challenge will continue and we have some terrific sponsors lined up.

Comments

  1. what beautiful creations zoe! i love that sentiment on the 1st one...and those scrumptious swirls and butterfly. and wowza...that 2nd piece is GORGEOUS! nice touch with the lace work...and image!

    thank you for the lovely comment on my blog
    you're a sweetheart!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations. Love the colour combos and the sentiment on the first.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Zoe; the colours are great, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creations Zoe and thanks for the info about the Craft shop closure. Have placed my order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zoe, fab Cards, love them both, but have to say that your first attempt is my fave:o) Hugs
    NIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous colour combo. Beautiful scenes
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zoe, two beautiful creations,wow,
    fabulous;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful Zoe, I love the die cut on the first, and the image on the second is fabulous. The lace finishes it off beautifully. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful examples of the colour challenge Zoe. I adore the die cut it's so unusual and like Maria I love how you have used the lace on the second card. I don't know how you are still managing to get all your samples done now you are working, I'm having trouble just keeping up to date with my commenting at the moment. Hope to speak over the weekend. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful pieces Zoe. I love the lace on the second one and the lovely image.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx