Glorious Green Embellishment!

Are you ready for the week-end, its wall to wall blue here and fresh maybe the day to spend outside!  Had a busy week at work settling in there a little now and loving it so here's hoping!

Still finding some crafting time, last evening made up this little Tando printer tray.   The set comes with three top pieces so you can make it as deep as you want, for dimension all three pieces were used here.

The back/base is solid Tando and has been covered with some Graphic 45 Steampunk paper after the paper had been sprayed with Green Glimmer Mist.   Viva Inca Gold in Green and Gold used to colour the edges and top parts, the little stand that comes with the set coloured with just Green Inca Gold.   Then came the fun; part using stripped corrugated card and the TH cogs and gear die some embellishments cut out.  Then sprayed with more Glimmer mist 3 different shades of green and one coffee colour.   While they were drying I dug into my bag of scrap watch and clock parts.   Some parts used to enhance the image, others decorate the top frame.   A mock optician's eye glass has been used on the bottom left.    While rummaging a couple of butterflies and a dragonfly previously stamped and embossed on painted paper found the light of day, albeit electric light.  The two butterflies adorn the frame while the dragonfly has landed on the stand.   Another discovery is an old scrabble tile.    The now dry corrugated cogs fixed in place and some green paper flowers added.

Green is my favourite colour or colour family and I include Gold in that!    So this week's Gingersnap Challenge is right up my street with a theme title 'Glorious Greens!'

Also very much in my mind when making this was The Stamp Man challenge where the theme this week is 'Embellish it'.   Think this might just qualify, but I have a complaint about the DT there.  A couple of you have used a wonderful bodice stamp on your samples and it is hurting my already groaning bank account!

Prairie Fairy Fridays, have a challenge looking for anything but a card.
Inspire me Friday's, always a fabulous fun party

Comments

  1. Zoe this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the green combo.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh its fabulous , i love the shimmer and the cogs
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Zoe a great piece for the Stamp Man challenge - thanks for joining in with us again.
    Glad work is going well, I am so please for you after the long wait.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creation, Zoe! I love the background paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific creation Zoe, especially love your beautiful background. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tray and all its embellishments.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Zoe, very creative! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoe, you are so very creative! The watch parts and cogs really added some zip to the great tray. I love the whole thing!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are settling in and enjoying your new job Zoe
    Love your printer tray with all its embellies

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful and a great use of the cogs

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this lots Zoe - it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sensational piece Zoe :)lots going on
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the green Zoe, fab!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely to hear you use the W word long may it continue. This is one fabulous piece of crafting, love all of the off the page cogs and the greens are sensational you can tell its your favourtie as you use it so well.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous Zoe
    Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge. I also had to buy the corset stamp when I saw what a couple of the girls had done with it!!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this!!! love the colors! beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, Zoe, I love the fresh colours you've used and those cogs are gorgeous.
    Not guilty with the bodice stamp but I know just what you mean. I shall have to track that one down too.
    So glad to hear you are settling into your new job.
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at The Stampman.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Very original and unique. Thanks for sharing this with us at FFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word, I missed this one! This is stunning Zoe!

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx