Gingersnaps inspired by any previous challenge theme take 2

All being well when this posting appears I will be somewhere on the road to Nottingham! and yes it is a jolly long drive over 3 hours! Liz Welch is holding a Friendly Plastic workshop there and despite the lack of funds I need a crafting excursion will just have to sit on my hands.   Also an opportunity to meet Sam  and Frankie :)

This little card has been made for Janet to include in her Poppy Appeal.   Janet is planning a card sale at a 'night at the Proms' organised by her OH also with the Poppy Appeal as the designated charity.   If you can make a card or two and give them to her for the sale I'm sure she would be grateful.

This is also my second entry into the Gingersnaps once in blue moon challenge where we are invited to be inspired by any of the past challenges.   For my second entry the inspiration comes from October 2009 when the theme was Harvest.    The stamp is un-marked so cannot tell you whose it is sorry.

Stamped and embossed in gold on canvas the edges of which have been frayed.   Canvas stuck onto white board and the uninked areas distressed with DI, the poppy flower coated with Glossy Accents.    Butterfly stamped onto some more of my used table protection (again this is an un-marked stamp) and embossed in the same gold.    A piece of Basic Gray cut to width of card and attached as a mat for the mounted canvas.   Finally more butterfly's from the same set stamped in versa mark and coloured with Perfect pearls.

I am also entering this into Simon Says which is to show some distressing, the frayed edges and DI inking qualifies hopefully.

Comments

  1. Oh Zoe, I hope you have the most wonderful time away. sometimes we just need it to keep our sanity. I Love your card, Its Gorgeous! so vibrant those poppys.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Zoe, love how you've stamped onto canvas what a brilliant effect ! Hope you enjoyed your time in Nottingham, and sitting on your hands wasn't too painful! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh love this hun,adore that poppy ,looks amazing hun hope you have a great,crafting time,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Zoe, very elegant, and for a good cause. Hope you have a wonderful day out and enjoy your crafty session and meeting up with firends! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zoe,
    You've been very crafty this week lol!
    Just love the star you made for Just for Fun challenge. Really gorgeous the way it catches the light.
    Your Home sweet Home hanging is adorable.
    And what a fab idea for the poppy appeal and just love this card you've made. I shall hunt around and see if I can find a poppy stamp to make a card and send for the appeal.
    Happy Weekend.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Zoe. Have fun in Nottingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the poppy stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zoe,
    I hope you'll come visit--I just got the magazine post ready!! Can't wait for you to see it!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Zoe I love poppies and butterflies so I think this card is perfect
    I hope you are having a fantastic day, have you managed to sit on your hands lol

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this piece! I'm a fan of poppies, first of all, but it's your layering and addition of the golden "dew" that really pleases me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More great work this week Zoe! Hope you enjoyed your crafty trip to Nottingham!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card Zoe, but then I love poppies. Hope you have a good crafting trip, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Zoe, love the richness of that red in the flower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unemployment becomes you !!! You have made some amazing pieces of art lately >Beautiful stamping and that butterfly is lovely. All for such a good cause too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the effect of stamping/painting on canvas and what a beautiful stamp - gorgeous poppy that looks wonderful with the wheat stems behind it. The whole piece has a lovely earthy feel to it - perfect for a harvest theme. So happy you joined in the distressing fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovin' how you used the canvas....DISTRESSIE goodness!!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx