Friendly, Friendly plastic day

The 5:30 alarm the 3 hour drive there and all the anticipation were more than worth it.   Thank you Liz for a fabulous workshop.   Good company, wonderful help and advice Liz is so generous with sharing her ideas and supporting her class, if you get the opportunity go.   We were a small band Sam, Mary (no blog, yet) Frankie and of course Liz herself.
 One of the star makes of the day, Tube beads this one that Sam made is stunning, I zoomed in but not well enough (you can see Sam is a tall lady the bead was above my eye-line pretty much) and I have to whisper the next bit, the lovely decoration on it is a peel off, its OK thought it was one of my peel offs.
 The course was called little book of Secrets and we were going to make the book, well that was Liz's plan.   With so many different techniques to try and each other's samples to admire we got sidetracked a little.   These are Frankie's results.
Mary (still no blog yet) did complete her book which is beautiful. The little dragon fly embedded in FP is holographic and stunning to actually see. Mary also used Fantasy film to cover some FP with wonderful shimmery results.

Sam's work, Miss neat and tidy herself.   Knowing and loving Sam's grungy inky, some would say messy, style it was almost shocking to see how contained she is in her work very neat and tidy and look at all those straight lines.   For both Sam and I this was a day about techniques (once we realised we did not have to make the book and follow directions to the letter) Sam was away suspect we will see a bowl coming soon.
Oh look messy me cannot cut a straight line to save my life!   Von your florist sand embeds itself into warm plastic and makes really interesting patterns.   For me it was just playing, usually I'll work on one project start to finish but at a day like this I'm a sponge just looking to have samples as reference for the future, got those!
Look at this lovely bowl one of the many samples Liz had with her.   The FP has been welded to organza looks very delicate and organic.  Just look at the peaks of FP and the wonderful shadows they cast.
Masks, well these were what first attracted me to FP and to see Liz's stunning work first hand WOW. Pictures cannot do these justice.   This one stitched onto fabric is so dimensional and tactile, delicate and strong all at the same time amazing.

This is another of Liz's stunning masks and another wonder to behold.

Once again Liz thank you for allowing us our freedom and going with the flow.   Thank you Sam, Frankie and Mary for being such wonderful companions on the day.

Comments

  1. Oh, oh, oh.......................speechless! What gorgeous things you all made! Glad you all had such a great day and that it was so profitable. So nice to learn new techniques and meet up with like minded people! Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe
    I am visiting via Cindy's on-line magazine. Wanted to say congratulations on being a Featured Artist and well deserved.
    Oh FP is the bane of my life, it really doesn't like me (!) there is no way I could create anything like this but I really enjoyed looking at the photographs and reading the post.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a brilliant day Zoe, the examples are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monring hun..

    Looks like that early wake up an long drive was worth it.
    I brought some FP, but did nothing but get stamps stuck, an make a gloopy mess, i would love to know how to do this properly.
    Great makes hun, really glad you enjoyed the day..
    Huggies as always Angel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well didn't just have the best time, it was fantastic and like you say, lovely to have the freedom to do as we pleased. It was fabulous to see some of Liz's samples in the flesh and yes, after a peel off box, a bowl will be on the list.

    But I do love my peel off bead and if you click on the photo to enlarge you can really see it. In fact I loved it that much, I wore it all day.

    Do you mind if I 'lift' it off your blog and put it on mine??????

    Have a great day xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well good afternoon Have to say was a bit disappointed not to see a photo of your good self but then again all of your fantastic creations more than made up for it. seems like you had a fantastic day and am really jel lol. No classes here to go to of any kind . Must come to the UK and do a tour this spring. Thank you so much for the lovely things you said on Cindy's blog you are too kind and I was very touched ( restain yourself ) Have a great Sunday.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a day you all must have had.
    The pieces are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant time you all had and with such great results. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those pieces are all stunning. It sounds like you had an amazing day and the early start and long drive was well worth it.
    Liz's bowl is stunning, I would love to be able to create something like that.
    Love all your makes and they wil be fantastic reference point for your future creations

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you had a great day Zoe - what gorgeous pieces you all created too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotcha ! Sam has posted piccies on her blog while you have been languishing in you bed ! so finally got to put a face to your name .So nice to finally meet you in the flesh as it where .

    Hope you had a nice rest.

    Bye.


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, it looks like you all had a great time!! And I love all the techniques and what everyone made--how fabulous and fun!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic photos Zoe I see your hiding behind the camera lol you have all done some awesome makes but I can't get my head aroung the peel off ones, guess I have to wait to see them :)
    Catch you soon Von xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I see you have been as creative as ever while I have been away Zoe, lots of lovely things to see. I particularly love your Stamp Man embossing piece, the triptych, ATcs and twinchies and the CI squares piece. But I have loved looking at the cards and wall hangings too.
    Thanks for staying in touch.
    luv and hugs {brenda}

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW. incredible works, You ladies must have had a BLAST!!!! Thanks for sharing all your creations, How fun!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing! It's fun to see what you've been up to!

    I don't think your pieces are messy! In fact, of all the class pieces you show here my favorite bit is the diamond-shaped charm you made: It looks like a wee bit of cobblestone road. I LOVE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zoe I can't stop looking at all the pictures over and over again ! It was a great day and has really inspired me to do much more with freindly plastic. I definitely want to make a lacework bowl now.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely samples there Zoe. I've been at one of Liz's workshops and she has got to be one of the bestest teachers. The bowl and masks are to die for. I wish I had half her talent.
    BTW where's your photo???

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! I didn't know that FP could be sooo accomodating as to make such gorgeous things Zoe! You all certainly had a lot of fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had great fun and found techniques to explore in more detail on your own later on - best kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Zoe, so glad you enjoyed your day, and that the drive was worth it. I really loved working with you all, not only because you are a great bunch of people, but also because you took the ideas and ran with them in your own direction, and it was a real pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you had a really fun & creative day Zoe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maybe next time Zoe.... So sorry I missed the opportunity of meeting up with you and Sam as well as Liz's fab work and teaching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx