Janet's Challenge


The third and final challange from our Tanda meet was set by Janet aka Dr. Babs who gave each of us a paper serviette with the image of Paua shell on it and 2 shell fragments. Janet also gave me this beautiful card. Could not imagine doing a card as lovely as hers so was stuck for a while, until the morning when I woke up with this idea in my head. Not working is not a bundle of laughs but at least there is time to play.

Gesso base, Acrylic paints, Stamp bug 'Complex creation' stamped and embossed, Glimmer Mist, tissue added with Modge Podge. Viva Crackle paste and a spray of spray and shine. Cropadile puched holes with eyelets for thread to hang mask, covered by shell disks threaded and hung from one side, great Craft Stamper cover stamp a shell stamped and embossed and decouparged onto other side. A large gem fills one eye with the shell fragement over it as a brow and a few self adhesive pearls. First time one of these masks has been so masculine think he is quite the Merman.

Comments

  1. Its amazing Zoe - love the colours and all the texture xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are fab at these masks Zoe - stunning colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning loving the colour on this and the medium you used to get it so fabby!

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Breathtaking work Zoe! Hope something comes up for you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Zoe absolutely amazing
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Zoe I shall have to came and see this one :)
    Great mask
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow zoe hun love love this what a fantastic mask love it hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow is right, so creative. I'd love to see the tail next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Zoe totally awesome mask. love it! Good luck on the job front xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes I love the colours too, Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great, love it.
    Thank you for commenting on my Tag and suggesting I put a link to Tanda, but don't know how to do it.
    Have a great weekend, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mask Zoe. Just love the colours you've used and the gold brings it all together perfectly.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful mask. Thanks for the gentle nudge re the link to Tanda stamps -i ahve added it to my post
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Zoe, great looking mask. Really love the colours and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zoe this is stunning! I think I've completely ruined my paula shell napkin and nothing to show for it so far! eeK!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Missed this - it's brill Zoe. As Sam says, you are getting a bit good at these masks!!!! About time you visited me in my cabin eh!
    Burnice x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx